Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Studio Time

I spent the entire day playing in my Studio today. Go me!

Welcome to my one-person quilted-heart workshop. I'm in the midst of prepping 20 more hearts for the Quilted Hearts project. Check out the glorious mess.


The front and back fabric for all 20 hearts are prepped. Now I'm figuring out how to decorate them. No two are the same. I've got loads of ribbons and trims and buttons and sequins at my fingertips. It's a ... process, this playing with different combinations of doo-dads.


As each heart is designed, I put all the components in a zip bag along with a rough sketch and any notes to myself about placement and color of thread, etc. 


I hope to finish this step tomorrow so that I can tidy up my workspace again. Then I can do the stitching and stuffing while watching TV in the other room.

I'm looking forward to sharing each Quilted Heart as I finish them.

No comments: