Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Fleece Cowl

Hey! I completed my first projects of 2023!

I decided to make a fleece cowl - a double-layered fleece circle. Sometimes a long scarf flops around too much and gets in the way. This cowl functions much like a winter scarf, but it sits like a loose collar around my neck.


I bought a couple fleece scarves from Dollar Tree. I cut them in half lengthwise (28 inches), then sewed the short ends together, making a circle out of each of the scarves. I clipped the circles wrong sides together. Using three strands of cotton embroidery floss, I sewed a blanket stitch around the edges.


The finished cowl is 14 inches in diameter, so slips easily over my head.


I used one buffalo check scarf and one solid black scarf, so the cowl is reversible. I'm quite pleased with the result. This was a very satisfying project  to complete in an afternoon.


Jodie liked the finished result, so I used the rest of the fleece fabric to make a cowl for her, too.


Stylin'!

No comments: