Friday, January 20, 2023

Quilted Heart #1

I found a new community outreach program to take part in for 2023. It fits me to a T. It involves:

  • Hearts
  • Hiding and finding treasures
  • Crafting
  • Sewing 
  • Quilting
I have the opportunity to use up all kinds of scrap material in my stash. It gives me some handwork to do while watching TV. It gets me outside to place the hearts.



It's called the I Found a Quilted Heart project. How does it work?

Hearts are made of fabric, generally the size of your palm, and can be any shape of heart you choose. Most have a layer of batting or fiberfill and you can embellish with buttons, sequins, ribbon, etc. Have fun with your creative process!
After creating your hearts, print and attach this tag, then place it out in your community for someone to find.
Often the hearts are found by someone that needs a lift in their day.



Much like the painted Kindness Rocks, the Quilted Hearts are another way to leave a bit of sunshine in other folks' lives. 

I hope to make (at least) 23 Quilted Hearts in 2023. My first four all have a red background, some lace, a button, and an appliqued heart. I'm looking forward to incorporating sequins and charms and beads and ribbon and maybe even googly eyes.



For the backs, I'm using some denim fabric from Dale's discarded jeans. 



Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Get creative. Get outside. Spread some love and joy.

No comments: