Monday, May 8, 2023

Flitting Around and Geocaching

Last Tuesday Dale and I had a great morning of geocaching. We found new-to-us country roads to explore and some geocaching gems. This was a favorite. The name of the cache is #Retweet. The container? A decorated birdhouse. Inside the birdhouse was a plastic container that had the log and a nice selection of swag. 


I have a particular love of leaving extra swag in each cache. I'll usually leave three new pieces of swag for any one piece I care to take. The swag I like best is, of course, hearts. In this cache I found the angel with patchwork hearts on its wings. It's a wooden lapel pin. From the 15 caches we found that morning, I found a total of four pieces of heart swag. The other three are small charms, two heart-shaped keys and a silver puffy heart that says "Lovely." 


Since I was taking the pin with three patchwork hearts, I thought I'd leave one of my Quilted Hearts near this cache. 


I hope it gives the next cacher an extra smile.



No comments: