Tuesday, May 30, 2023

First Flowers For You - Part 5

I've been away from my stitching for over seven weeks. I'm determined to make finishing First Flowers For You my next priority. To recap, this is what the pattern looks like.


I started stitching it with the floss colors called for in the pattern, but the bunny was far too brown for me. I unstitched the brown fur, and started restitching the bunny with lighter grey shades.


This pattern is cute cute cute. I love the specialized fabric called Summer Breeze. My problem is that I'm having trouble seeing the tiny holes in this 32 count fabric (16 stitches per inch). I sure hope I get to have my eye surgery this year! In the mean time, I'm using two magnifiers at the same time. That can cause eye strain, so I tire easily. 

But I stitched a bit more one day this week and made a little progress. The color of the bunny fur still looks a bit off to me, but I'm going to go with it, hoping that the backstitching will bring the design all together.


Let's hope that the next time I update this project, there will be much more to show.

No comments: