Monday, July 3, 2023

Half-Way Day

Hey! We're now half way through 2023. Here's what I've been up to as I continue to work toward my 2023 goals. I'm having a spectacular year! I've shared most of this on my blog over the last six months, but this recap looks impressive - even to me!



Word of the Year: Flow
I take #phonefreefridays to give myself time and space to get into flow. I do this about every-other week. It's working well.


2023 Objective: Bring more FUN into my life
I finally feel like the pandemic is really over, so I've been getting out and about more. I have more creative juices flowing now than I did for the last three years combined. I'm more light-hearted and take situations less seriously. That makes space for fun.


2023 Creative Goal: Go on another Creative Journey with photography.
  • I've created a customized box for my photo backgrounds
  • I figured out an easy set-up for great lighting with my lightbox
  • I learned to take photos with my new wi-fi digital microscope
  • I've read four books by photographers to learn from the techniques they use
 
23 Goals in 2023:
To keep it simple, I planned to visit 23 more parks
Dale and I have visited 15 parks so far. I still have photos from three or four more parks to edit and talk about here on the blog.



To make it complicated, I've completed many of my alternate goals:
  1. Created and sent more than 23 watercolor greeting cards (34 cards altogether)



  2. Found my first 23 geocaches ... then found over 100 more! I've hit two milestones, my 600th cache and my 700th geocache find.


  3. Watched all the movies in my Hulu queue.
  4. Watched more than 23 movies and TV series (61 so far!)
  5. Deleted more than 23 podcast subscriptions (I had far too many to keep up with)
  6. Same with YouTube subscriptions
  7. Finished my Advance Directive (Will and Trust are next).
  8. Got a bicycle
  9. Sold our garden fountain and started setting up our patio in a way that works better for us. We're about to host our FIRST post-pandemic family gathering there.


  10. Planted some strawberries, zucchini, and Swiss chard.
  11. Wrote in my Gratitude Journal for 23 days (my ability to find gratitude was abysmal last year). After the 23, I went on to write nearly 100 more.
  12. Have had 8 / 23 crafternoons with daughters and friends
  13. Completed 6 / 23 crafts that I had in my stash for years.



  14. Made over 23 Quilted Hearts and placed them in the wild for strangers to find as a nice/comforting surprise


  15. Made more than 23 beaded Christmas ornaments


  16. I've given away 12 / 23 items I no longer need
  17. Read/Listened 23 books



    What will the second half of 2023 bring?

    I'm just about spraining my arm patting myself on the back so much.  
    😉

No comments: