Saturday, July 1, 2023

Pop! - Part 4

A Plant Poke it is!

The finished piece is approximately 3 inches square. With perforated plastic, it's possible to cut straight lines quite close to the stitching with good results - including sharp points at the bottom. 


I cut the perforated plastic another three inches above the stitching, so was able to fold it over at the top. Then I sewed up the sides with an overcast stitch. This created a pocket. I kept the back shorter than the front so that no backing would be visible behind the points.


For the pokey bits, I inserted two 11-1/2 inch wooden skewers into the pocket. This keeps the stitching stable when poked into the dirt at the base of the plant.


Here's the finished plant poke in place in our entryway - all dressed up for the 4th of July celebration.


I do believe that's the first time I've ever made a plant poke. What a fun, fast project.

No comments: