Friday, December 15, 2023

2023 Family Ornaments

This year I made sparkly Christmas balls in two designs for our family trees.


All the supplies for the ornaments are from Dollar Tree, and most were already in my stash. The balls are plastic spheres, about 3 inches in diameter. I added crystal mesh, red flourish border stickers, crystal hearts, and white pearl stickers. The flower crystal-and-pearl border stickers are the same that I used on the edge of the Christmas Star.


I made five ornaments with the red flourish border stickers. They are elegant and sparkly. I would have made all of them with this design, but I ran out of the red. These are for Julie's family and our eldest. 


I made the other four ornaments featuring the flower crystal-and-pearl border stickers. Two are for Jodie and Kenny. The final two for Dale and me.


I finished each with a customized nametag tied to the silver hanging string.


They're perfectly imperfect. Some are a bit more wonky than others, but all have the handcrafted Margaret touch.

Next year I'll get to make ten ornaments -- after baby Abby joins us.

No comments: