Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Entryway

 Christmas preparations continued over the last couple days. Decorations in our home's entryway are complete.

I display the Christmas cards we receive on a wire wreath. Each day new arrivals are clipped to the wreath frame with ribbon-covered mini clothespins.


Guarding the front door is Morty, my six-foot giraffe. He's sporting a stripey scarf, a bright bow, and sparkling reindeer antlers. Behind him is Twill, the sewing elf I stitched in 2002.


Across the hall, Grace takes her place on the table's bottom shelf sporting her new ribbon tie. She always adds a bit of serenity to the scene.


Decorations on the table are complete. Three gnomes sit beneath the candy cane tree. Melted wax wafts  a spicy scent throughout the house.


Overhead is the Candy Cane Swag I made a couple evenings ago. The plastic canes are about three feet long. I found them at Dollar Tree along with the large silver and red bells. They're all tied together with three red ribbons I had in my stash. I'm super pleased with the way this turned out!


At the stairs is my all-time favorite Christmas decoration. Jodie (and I) made this when she was tiny ... maybe three or four years old. She did all the stitching herself. I had her sit in my lap. I sewed the four pieces together.

This year, Jodie's Snowman got a couple new bows to match our Candy Cane theme.


I managed to decorate the Christmas tree, too (but the photos didn't come out well. I may try again). It's all white lights, red ribbons, and "crystal" beaded ornaments. Very simple and sweet.

No comments: