Sunday, December 17, 2023

Mini Candy Cane Ornaments

Time to decorate the lighted tabletop tree!


I found a good candy cane shape online then turned it into a template in a Word table. Each candy cane is two inches tall. I printed my template on heavy cardstock. Then I gathered the other supplies I needed: scraps of wrapping paper and scrapbook paper, a glue stick, detail scissors, a 1/8" hole punch (small holes), and a skein of DMC silver metallic floss.


I adhered the paper to the cardstock with liberal amounts of glue. The detail scissors help a lot in cutting the inside curve of the candy cane. It's easy to see how small that hole is from the punch. I divided the floss into a single ply ... tricky to maneuver, but just the right thickness for the hanger.


I made just under two dozen with the scrap paper I had on hand. I especially love the way the small striped cane looks.


Here they are in place. This lighted tree sits on a table in our entryway all year. I usually decorate it with seasonal ornaments. 


I may keep the decorations on this table simple and uncluttered this year.


Sweet.

No comments: