Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Invitation

Dale and I get to host our little family for Christmas dinner this year. We don't host at our home very often, so we wanted to make it official.


I used these raw materials:

  • an old file folder
  • wrapping paper with a red, white and silver candy cane pattern
  • white cardstock
  • silver chanelle stems
  • glittery red embroidery floss
  • die cut
  • red buttons (not pictured ... an afterthought!)


The front. That red button is actually sewn to the card front, holding the candy canes in place. The "You're Invited" is raised off the card for dimension.



Inside, I used the grind print as a design element. I used the computer to compose the message, and a die to add the squiggles to the bottom.


Then finished in my usual way. The back:


The envelope:


I'm quite enjoying this Candy Cane Christmas theme and looking forward to our celebration together.

No comments: