Saturday, December 23, 2023

A Very Merry Swag

This is the idea that started it all. I watched a video about using wrapping paper for Christmas DIY projects. One of the crafts was to make a banner/swag from wrapping paper. That was my jumping off point for my entire Candy Cane Christmas.


I gathered these supplies from my stash: my second-hand banner flags templates, part of an old gift box, and some baker's twine. From Dollar Tree I bought two tinsel swags: one red, one red-and-silver. The wrapping paper is a texturized metallic silver.


I glued the silver wrapping paper to the flags. I hand sketched and cut the letters from the shiny red gift box, then glued them in place. I punched holes in the upper corners and threaded through the candy cane striped baker's twine. The swag is tied in place on small nails. 

I wrapped the two tinsel swags around each other to make one thicker swag. I also wanted it to be primarily red with silver accents. This is attached to the wall separately from the "Merry" swag, but positioned to sit right at the top of the letters.


That completes the dining room setup. How festive!


Later in the day I started baking cookies -- 8 dozen so far. I'm hoping for two more batches tomorrow. It's almost time ...

Santa's Coming! Santa's Coming!

No comments: