Friday, May 3, 2024

Puzzle Therapy

Between banging up my ankle for a few weeks, and then catching a virus for two weeks, I've been more sedentary than usual. I help myself feel better by putting puzzles together. FIVE puzzles recently.

I thought this image would make for a difficult puzzle, but it wasn't. It was great in three ways:

1. Subject matter ... you know I'm a button girl. There was enough variation within the image that it was pretty easy to match up pieces and figure out exactly where they were to be placed. I didn't have to build in from the edges.


2. It's a panoramic puzzle ... long and narrow and only 350 pieces. That shape is unusual and made for a nice change of pace.


3. It's a thrift store special. Hours of fun for seventy-five cents (minus the senior discount)!


It'd be fun to create a photo like this ... except all my buttons are sorted out by size and color. I'd drive myself nuts making a big jumbled pile of them just for a photo, then have to re-sort them!

No comments: