Monday, July 29, 2024

Five Days Later

Three more crochet purses ready for Bags of Love. Good.

I'm still trying to manage this mixed bipolar phase I'm in. Some days I'm up and productive. Some days I'm all bluesy. This morning finishing these lovely little gems is helping me move from bluesy to sky-blue and sunny.

ANYway ...

This month I returned to the granny stitch purses. They don't take a lot of time and it's a simple pattern.

This first is about 7 inches wide by 4-1/2 inches high. I used a lightweight yarn which made the finished product small and light. 


I crocheted a small flower from confetti yarn and finished it with a tiny 1/2 inch pink flower button, sewn to the center front of the purse.


The inside is lined with a bright cherry print fabric. Adorable!



The second purse is slightly bigger than the first and stitched with a variegated blue/green/purple yarn.


I placed the decoration on the top left. It's a crocheted purple flower with a 1 inch medium-size lime-green flower-shaped button in the center. It's a little wild, but it works.


I lined the inside with a green and ivory striped fabric.



The final purse is the largest: 8 inches wide by 5-1/5 inches high. I used two strands of lightweight yarn together. It's the same pink as the first purse. The white yarn has one ply with a sheen. It gives the finished purse a slight glow.


I crocheted a slightly larger flower from the confetti yarn, then topped it with a 1-1/4 inch bright pink flower-shaped button.


I lined this with a pink and white gingham that perfectly matches the yarn. It's not a very high quality fabric, though, so was difficult to work with. Yes, I cursed it a little when the thread broke twice on my sewing machine. But, dang! It's cute!


I'd still like to finish some bookmarks by then end of the month. I suppose I'll have to see if my volatile moods will allow it.


If you find yourself dealing with unstable moods, please go get checked. Therapy and the proper meds can make a huge difference. Then, when circumstances affect your moods, you'll have some good tools to help you manage your stability. 

After 17 years, I manage things fairly well. When I go through a spell like this, I have what I need to stabilize again. It might mean I'm not up to crafting or writing blog posts regularly, but those are small inconveniences in the big picture.

No comments: