Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Special Gifts for a Special Girl - Part 1

Back in April when I first crocheted some purses for Bags of Love, I decided they were so adorable that I'd make a special version for my granddaughter Annalee as a birthday gift. But I changed it up some, making her a tote bag instead of a purse.


Annie's a sparkly kid, full of energy and imagination. So I found this sparkly yarn in her favorite colors to make an ombre' effect tote. The yarn changed from pink to purple as I stitched along.


Because of what I planned to put in the tote bag, I wanted it to be hefty enough to carry everything. So I lined both the inside of the bag as well as the handles.


I made a special flower embellishment, too. A purple flower on top of a white flower, with a butterfly button center.


Annalee loves to make up stories. Dale (Papa) and I (Mimi) want to encourage that creativity. So we bought her a kids' digital camera and a reporter's notebook. We also added a few nice sharp pencils.


If you're going to be a freelance photojournalist, you're going to need clothes that let those nearby know you're official, right? So I made her a PRESS uniform.


Aunt Jodie made her Press Pass, complete with her photo ID on a rainbow lanyard.


But photojournalists work in pairs, right? Tomorrow I'll show you Annie's partner!

No comments: