Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's Amazing What You Find ...

... when you clean up your room!

I was in a decluttering mood today. Decided to set a timer for 15 minutes and start on a shelf in my studio that held old craft ideas. I found this from 1977:


Wasn't I a cute young lady? The rug I'm holding is one of my own latch-hook creations. I made it for a very good friend of mine, Tony. We grew up together ... 1st through 12th grades. Tony was the brains behind dissecting a frog in 7th grade. In high school, he dated my best friend. Then off to college at UC Berkeley and Med School in Davis, CA. Now he's an upstanding pillar of the community in upstate New York.

Think he still has this one-of-a-kind creation?

Hmmmmm. I should find the puppy pillow he made for me and post an image!

And check this out. Not only did I find the photo of the finished project, but I also found my working pattern!





I also found this photo:


I made it for a friend of mine who was a drama teacher and faculty adviser for his school's Thespian chapter.


Organized person that I am, I had the working pattern for this rug, too.

After all, you never know when you're going to need it to make an identical rug, right?

No comments: