Sunday, February 24, 2008

Renewal


This might sound weird.

I like to be organized. It gives me pleasure. It helps me feel content and settled.

Yesterday I bought a new bulletin board, some index cards and push pins. I organized my to do list on these cards by category. Now I can just pick one card and do that little job from start to finish. Most will take less than 15 min to accomplish ... or can be broken down into 15 min steps.

I suppose other folks might look at this and say I'm an over-achiever or I'm nuts to think I can get all that done or that I'm being anal or something. I find that it helps me get the clutter out of my brain and onto a space where I can put it in order.

I get a simple pleasure from knowing that this puts me one step closer to the peace I seek, the dream of living a simpler, less cluttered life. It gives me a vision of the possible.

1 comment:

Jeje Strobe said...

Your not crazy! That's exactly what your daughters expect their mom to do!!

We love you anyway! ;)