Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Life in Blogland


I'm taking time today to travel around Blogland. I love days like this. My sweet husband and I sitting across from each other at the dining room table, our laptops open between of us, sharing some food, and little exclamations when we run across fun items online to show each other, enjoying the calm of early winter and the aroma of new-brewed coffee.

But I digress.

What I enjoy so much in the circle of blogs I travel through worldwide is the ease with which I flow in and out of the lives of other artistic, creative women like me. Women who are raising families. Many work inside the home. Many have big ideas that mostly have to be put on hold while they do the Good Work of bringing up babies, enjoying and being worn out by the early years, holding tongues through the teen years, and reveling in the joy of the little arms of their grandchildren.

These wonderful women who, in the midst of busy lives, allow some of their ideas to ooze out. They share their talents, inspiration, creative ideas, finished projects ... sometimes for sale or trade ... emotional upheavals, triumphs and heartbreaks. Who knew community could grow with the seeds of pixels and and the water of tapping fingers?

I found the above quotation on Calamity Kim's blog this morning. Her words echo my thoughts. So many of us, sisters under the skin.

No comments: