Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Winter Warmth

'Tis done!

I decided to alter the chart just a bit to change the background behind the cup from black to green. I like it quite a bit. I also added more backstitching on the flower motifs on the cup to help them stand out, as well as backstitching around the steam. Those elements *pop* now. I also chose to leave off button embellishments because I didn't find any that worked well. I don't think this piece really needs them.


Winter Warmth is the last of the patterns from my 2006 Cross-Stitch Calendar. This means that I've now completed another of my 18 Goals in 2018. Hooray!


I like that it only took me twelve years to complete these twelve small charts. I have many other patterns much older than this. In fact, I plan to stitch one of them later this year called Letter Snow. It's a snowman standing in a snowstorm of flakes shaped like the alphabet. That one will be in homage to my mom whose favorite Christmas song was Let It Snow. Stitching that pattern is another of my annual goals.


No comments: