Wednesday, June 27, 2018

2018 Journal Redux

I'll be using the last of the heart journal this week, so decided to prep the next one. It should last the majority of Summer and Fall for my daily writing.


While wandering the home decorating aisle of Dollar Tree, I got an idea for an unusual way to use their adhesive wall art. I picked this vibrant floral pattern. Then I moseyed over to the gift wrap aisle to find a coordinating wrapping paper. When I got home, I pulled out my washi tape and found this little stripe that worked with the rest.


I cut two pieces of wrapping paper to 13" x 9-1/2" then taped them to the covers with double-sided adhesive. One long edge butts up against the wire spiral. I wrapped the extra inch to the inside cover on the other three sides, and adhered the edges.


Then I started playing withe the floral decals. I was able to use some of them whole. Others I cut into smaller pieces, discarding the skull altogether. I overlapped some of the flowers to create little bouquets. The finished product is a bit of a mishmash with the flowers going in every direction, but it will serve its purpose.


I added washi tape along the edge near the spiral binding. It took two strips on the front cover to hide that last bit of purple peeking out from under the red wrapping paper.


It was fun to do a project with a quick finish in the midst of several multi-stage projects I'm working on.



No comments: