Thursday, June 21, 2018

Bloom Where You Are Planted

I am not feeling well today. #throwbackthursday of my past stitching projects will have to wait until tomorrow ... or next week. Today I plan to sit a lot and do quiet things. Stitch. Watch YouTube and recorded TV shows. Read. Rest.

I am carrying forth with my morning routine, though as a modified, shortened version. Write one page instead of three. Not think too hard about what I'm grateful for. Do a three minute meditation instead of one lasting 15 minutes. You get the idea.

Following was part of my morning devotional/reading. It certainly speaks to my station in life right now:

Being a late bloomer means that you have the time and the opportunity to revise and revamp if you experiment with life and fall short of your dreams. We late bloomers can risk more because at this point nobody really expects anything spectacular from us anymore. We can reinvent ourselves or give birth to our authentic selves as we rediscover and reclaim our essence.

We must bloom where we are planted.
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach 

Bluebells growing curbside


 

No comments: