Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Valentine Whittle

In keeping with my Word of the Year, I try to whittle some of my possessions down every day. Yesterday's whittle concerned these two Valentine cookie cutters. I realized I haven't used them in several years, so I'll pass them on to someone who wants them.


Today's Whittle a Little involved actual whittling! Since the beginning of the year, I've been slowly using up my candle collection. This activity will easily last all year! I finished off two candles so far this year -- and actually disposed of the jars that contained them as well. Today I pulled out a candle that had a lot of wax built up around the wick. So I pulled out my cutting board and my trusty knife, and whittled away the excess wax.


Now my pillar candle can sit in a seldom-used pretty china dish on the mantle among the Valentine decorations. I light a candle as part of my morning routine, right before my meditation. A gentle aroma of cinnamon surrounds me.


No comments: