Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland is the third puzzle by Galison that Dale and I constructed in the last month. It's another 500 piece puzzle that becomes a 20" x 20" square when complete.

In previewing the image on the box, I thought this puzzle might be a bit of a challenge to put together due to the large swaths of snow and of star-lit sky. It turned out to be quite the opposite. Dale and I generally take a couple days/sessions to put 500 piece puzzles together. But this one was completed in one night.


When it's snowing and gloomy outside, we don't get decent picture-taking light at the table. I've only got overhead lighting. That's the reason for all the glare at the top of this photo. It's disappointing that Santa's sleigh doesn't show up well here.

I realize I've been posting a bunch of puzzles lately instead of photos or crafty projects. I've been preoccupied with concerns about an upcoming appointment. Thankfully, that will be over tomorrow. I hope to get back to more creative endeavors in the near future. I have continued learning to draw each morning. Perhaps I can share some of that along with a cross-stitch piece I finished, and two others that I started. We'll see.

Tonight Dale and I began a puzzle that came from a painting by Thomas Kinkade that depicts Disney characters in dark, beautifully lit places. We have four of these puzzles to put together. This first is of Lady and the Tramp. Much of the image is quite dark ... hard to see the images under the glare of the dining room light. The pieces have quite unusual shapes. That part looks fun!

I'm looking forward to trying them out.

No comments: