Saturday, February 2, 2019

For a Good Time

This may be the most fun Lady of the Evening I own. That's likely because I *think* this lass was made for a young girl, rather than a grown woman. She tickles my fancy.

I used her earlier this week when Dale and I had a night out on the town to see a Broadway production of The Lion King in downtown Spokane. (It was astounding!) One of the security women, and one of the ushers each commented on how much they liked it. Unsolicited praise!


The front of this lass is jam-packed with plastic beads. The back has no beads, but the texture of the fabric is a little like a black-on-black jacquard. It has a horizontal stripy effect.


Though the beads have a silverish tone, the handle is more gold-toned. The handle attaches to the fabric with these long stitches through the perforations in the handle.


This handle is unlike others in my collection. It's a single solid handle at the top. Then it divides on the bottom with the hinge meeting the fabric. I like the way it opens and clasps. But I admit that it's a little tricky to put item into the evening bag because the opening is smaller than the base of the bag, and the top of handle made me have to shimmy my wallet into it.

The inside is fully lined in a slinky polyester fabric, and it has a pocket. As you can see, this lady was made in China.


The star of the show on this gal are the tightly packed beads. There are so many fun shapes including butterflies, flowers with rhinestones, flowers without rhinestones, globes, leaves, diamonds, and even dominoes!


I've been wracking my brain on how this little lady came to live with me. I may have purchased it at a souvenir shop near the Montana/Idaho border. Unfortunately, I don't have the sales slip to help give me a clue.

No comments: