Monday, February 25, 2019

Gradient

I bought this jigsaw puzzle for Dale as a Christmas gift. I thought it might be a fun puzzle and not overly hard because of the obvious color shift. But that wasn't the case.

After we got the border in place, I started on the light side of the puzzle, and Dale on the dark. It was difficult, with a lot of trial and error. The pieces were similar enough that we were never quite sure if they popped into place or not.

But I think it was easier to tackle the puzzle from light to dark. I got to the half way point much sooner than Dale. In fact, at one point he was so frustrated with the black pieces that he pulled them all out and started over.

After I reached the half way point, Dale switched gears and went from grey to black, and found it much easier.


The puzzle is designed by Bryce Wilner and produced by Areaware. I bought it on Amazon. The weight of the cardboard is quite nice; the pieces are thick and they connect well. I liked the challenge this puzzle presented, even though it took quite a bit longer to complete than our other 500 piece puzzles.

No comments: