Friday, February 1, 2019

19 in 2019 - January Update

We're already through the first month of 2019! That went quickly. Here's my first report on how I'm progressing on my 19 in 2019 goals and my year of whittle a little. I've started off with a bang!






Goal #7: Learn to use my pompom makers

Done! They're pretty snazzy little tools.


Then I created a heart-shaped Valentine wreath completely made of pompoms.




Goal #11: Watch the DVD about Lake Missoula

The DVD is called Mystery of the Megaflood. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about how much of the geography in my neck of the woods was formed. After I watched the DVD, I did some more research. If you ever have a chance to visit the Scablands in eastern Washington state, I highly recommend it. Fascinating.




Goal #13: Reach a specified weight by the time of my February doctor appointment

I'm well on my way! My appointment is next week. I made excellent progress on reaching this goal in January. Weight is one of several markers I'm monitoring. All are on track.


Goal #15: Purge and organize storage shelves

This will take quite some time. But I did sift through the Christmas decorations as I put them away, and was able to give quite a number of them away.  This is one spot where Whittle a Little comes in.

I also took several boxes of donations to a thrift store.


Goal #16: Use up my tea stash

I'm getting in the habit of having a cup of hot tea each morning with my breakfast. I've already used up my first box from the stash, Cranberry Apple Zinger from Celestial Seasonings.



Goal #17: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects

I put up posts on all five Thursdays in January. It's rare to have a bonus Thursday!






.
.
Goal #18: Blog at least 10 of my Ladies of the Evening collection (mend as needed)

I've blogged about three so far. One needs to be mended, but I didn't do that yet.


Goal #19: Finish one of my eight courses

I started The Creative License by Danny Gregory. I'm learning to draw!




Alternate Goal: Watch 50 movies from my Netflix/Amazon queues.

I watched two in January:
     1. A Wrinkle in Time
     2. Loving


I'm so pleased!

In January, I completed two goals and made progress on nine. Go me!


No comments: