Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April Goal Update



Work towards my 2019 goals continues with steady progress. Here's what I did in April.


Goal #2: Complete the finishing work on one of six needlework pieces from years gone by

I completed the Easter Banner and learned to make prairie points.




Goal #10: Finish setting up the photo studio

I made some progress by moving some furniture around. The curtain in the room is fixed. My photo cube for smaller items now has a more permanent home with good lighting. I also bought more poster board for backdrops.


Goal #12: Learn my Enneagram
Though this goal is complete, I'm doing some further inquiry. I bought this book for more research:




Goal #14: Paint and add privacy fencing on dog kennel

The dog kennel is emptied. We plan to start fixing it up next week.


Goal #16: Use up my tea stash

This month I've been concentrating on iced tea. I've continued drinking hot tea most mornings. It may finally be a habit!



Goal #17: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects
I wrote four blog posts in April, bringing my total for the year to 15.



Goal #18: Blog at least 10 of my Ladies of the Evening collection

I wrote about four of my Ladies in April, bringing my total to eight.



Goal #19: Finish at least one of my self-guided courses

I'm continuing to read through The Creative License. I'm continuing to learn illustration using online tutorials. I've also pulled out a book on color theory and read the preface.



Tally:
In progress - eight
Completed - six


Alternate Goal: Watch 50 movies/shows from my Netflix/Amazon queues

I went to town on this goal in April. I watched fourteen movies or series. This brings my total to 31 watched. One of my favorites was Christopher Robin.



Alternate Goal: Photo Editing and Organization

I've turned Wednesdays into Antiprocrastination Day. Each week I do a bit more photo editing and organizing. So far I've standardized my file naming conventions and edited a few folders. This is going to be a very long term project. It's good to see some progress.

Here's a recent photo Dale took of me and our granddaughter, Melody.




Dale and I continue to Whittle a Little.

I let 23 items out of my life and cleared clutter from my office desk and in my Studio. The most noticeable clutter-to-clear is my desk. It's so tidy!



The thing I'm most proud of is finally tossing my files of old resumes and ... biggest of all ... my old divorce papers! The gem in that file was finding the court documents from when Dale adopted Jeanne and Julie. 

Add in having a new granddaughter, and that's quite a full month!

No comments: