Sunday, May 26, 2019

Be a Flamingo

Here's a little something that I stitched for my career girl who flies a tad higher than her peers.
(At least, this proud mama likes to think so).



There was something about the tilt of the head, the look in her eye, the little smirk. Now, why do I see Jodie in this bird?



This was a cross-stitch kit that came with pattern, needle, floss, and this fabric with the bright blue splotch already painted on it.

As luck would have it, I had a two-tone blue double-mat in my stash that fit the stitchery just right. The frame is another from my "collection" that I've been finding ways to use up. I think I bought the plain brown frame at a thrift shop some years ago. I cleaned it up, then gave it several coats of navy blue acrylic paint. Looks good together!



After framing the stitchery, I added a dust cover on the back using this beautiful pink swirl glossy card stock from my scrapbook paper inventory. A fitting finish for this flamboyant flamingo!




Be A Flamingo
Design by Jo Moulton
Cross-stitch Kit by Dimensions #70-65168
copyright 2017

No comments: