Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Deco Lady

This is a personal favorite in my Ladies of the Evening collection. I love her curvy lines and her all-over sparkle. I found her on the streets of Coeur d'Alene, ID in (the now closed) Wiggett's Marketplace where Jodie and I were browsing years ago.

I don't quite recall what her going rate was. I know she was not as inexpensive as her sisters that I find in thrift shops. But she likely was under $15.00 because I rarely purchase these evening bags for more than that. My faulty memory says she was about ten dollars.

I call her Deco Lady because the placement of the beads has an art deco vibe to me.



This is a good sized purse for an evening bag. She measures eight inches at the hips and about seven inches from her bottom to where her handle connects. She has a white/cream satin base with clear beads. The beads have a nice iridescence to them which reflect sparks of the colors around them, Deco Lady is completely beaded, front and back with the same tassel detail on both sides.

The tassel is fully connected to the base at the head. It's made of concentric ovals of seed beads. The body of the tassel is made up of five loops of beads. Two of the loops are strings of seed beads; the other two loops are strings of bugle beads. The loose loops connect to the bag at the base of the tassel head.



The lines of beads that cover the entire bag are made up of alternating lines of seed beads and bugle beads. It's the placement of these lines of beads that is so pleasing to my eye.



Deco Lady has a three foot  braided cord that's used as a shoulder strap. All seams are covered in lines of seed beads. There is a small pocket on the inside with a tag attached that says, "Delill. Made in China." She closes with an embedded snap. I don't think she's very old, even though I found her at an antique shop.



Unfortunately, there is a fair bit of discoloration at the top of the bag near the snap. I'm not sure how to go about cleaning that.



But, my, she's a pretty gal. Such beautiful lines and oodles of sparkle!




.
I'll likely continue sharing more of my Ladies of the Evening over the coming weeks. I have many more pretty gals to show off. However, this is the tenth I've shared so far this year which means I've completed another of my 19 for 2019 Goals!

#ladiesoftheevening

No comments: