Monday, December 9, 2019

A Christmas Welcome

With all the activities that come with moving, Dale and I have been too distracted to jump into the Christmas season. Until now. We live in a family-oriented neighborhood. Many of the houses are decorated to the nines with lights and Christmas scenes. So today I decided to join in the season in the most simple and minor of ways.

I started by sweeping the seed pods off the porch and cleaning all the bugs off the siding and out of the overhead light fixture. There were so many bugs in the fixture, and there was such a poor light bulb, that even with the porch light turned on, it was barely noticeable. Cleaning out the light fixture helped, but putting in a nice new LED bulb made a world of difference.



I then added two permanent hooks to either side of the door. I love to decorate for most holidays, and this will make changing out the decor simple.

This snowman may look familiar. My mother-in-law made him for us years ago. Even though we don't live in snow country anymore, my favorite buddy had to come with us. Since we have a new color scheme at this house, I may switch out his scarf and paint the stars silver instead of gold.



The new color scheme? Blues and silver. And lots of sparkle. I found this wreath at Big Lots which perfectly fits the bill.



I also found this doormat at Big Lots. It is full of glitter and sparkles so prettily in the evening light.



When I finished with these first steps, Dale came outside to admire his castle gate.



We'll likely add a lit tree to the porch. Dale plans to put up a few strands of lights, too. Jodie and I have begun to talk about getting together to bake some Christmas cookies.

So far, I'm still waiting on FedEx to deliver our new cookie sheets. It's a process.

No comments: