Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Fireside Noel

The second re-purposed craft made this week is my set of framed "NOEL" letters. They started out like this:




My goal was to transform them into our blue and silver color scheme.

I found a couple rolls of blue wrapping paper in my stash, one matte and one shiny. I removed the red/silver paper and replaced it with the shiny blue paper. So pretty. But as I worked, the "N" decided to fall off the glass. I used my heat gun to soften the old glue on the back of the wooden letter, then reattached the letter to the glass. I'm crazy pleased with the result:




I added my Noel to our fireplace hearth. It looks nice sitting beneath the wreath:




Next up? Finish decorating the tree.




It's a nice change to have a home where we don't need to worry about kids or pets knocking over floor decorations. It's also nice to have a spot of visual respite in the midst of the chaos of cardboard moving boxes.

Now if we only had a couch and love seat to sit on to admire the view! Patience. We'll eventually get them.



No comments: