Sunday, December 22, 2019

Who Gets the Next Makeover?

This guy!



I so love this snowman that my mother-in-law made for us. He's hung on our porch for years and years. He looked just right at our house in Post Falls. Now, in Eugene, he's due for a makeover to go along with our silver and blue color scheme

I started by removing his maroon scarf. then I painted both stars, changing them from gold to silver. I added a bit of glitter so they can glow at night. (I need to up my glitter game to learn how to keep it from getting splotchy).



I even painted the bell with a light coat of silver paint, just to tone down the brassiness.



Finally, I made a new scarf out of blue felt. I fringed the ends, just like the original scarf. Then I added some blue and silver snowflake charms to dress up the scarf a little more.



He's back in place now, guarding the front door and welcoming visitors.



I heard one of the neighbors whisper to him, "Did you get some 'work' done? You look so fresh and fabulous!"

No comments: