Wednesday, January 1, 2020

20 in '20

Since I had such good success with my 19 goals in 2019 (I completed 25 goals and had two more in process by the end of the year), I decided to give the idea another round this year. Here are my 20 Goals in 2020, in no particular order.







    .
  1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
  2. Create a watermark for my photos
  3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
  4. Make one baked treat or a batch of cookies each month
  5. Find a new doctor and a new dentist
  6. Go through each photo folder, renaming images into my conventions
  7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
  8. Zero out email box once per quarter
  9. With Dale, update our will, medical power of attorney, etc.
  10. Learn to cook six vegetarian dishes
  11. Find 20 geocaches
  12. Watch 20 movies from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
  13. Complete 20 older projects that are partially done
  14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
  15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects
  16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio
  17. Master bedroom closet organization 
  18. Convert audio cassettes into digital format and/or get rid of them
  19. Paint some rocks (with kids next door?) and place them around town
  20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table

I've attempted to have a varied list. Some "gotta do" items, some for fun, some things I've intended do for years, some one-shot activities that will take a small amount of time, some that are designed to last all year.

I also have another 25 alternate goals. My daughter Jeanne calls it her "Grab Bag." I like that name. If I feel like any of my original goals no longer make sense as the year rolls on, I can substitute a goal from the Grab Bag to take its place.


I also chose a "Word of the Year." Last year my phrase was Whittle a Little and I did great gangbusters with that. My word this year is Settle. My use of the term is not like settling for something that's simply "good enough." No, the settle I'm committing to has to do with growing roots, nestling into my new surroundings in Oregon, establishing my home, finding satisfaction, burrowing and snuggling into life here.

No comments: