Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Tweaking

I've already decided to tweak my goals for 2020. I decided to switch out With Dale, update our will, medical power of attorney, etc. After all, personal goals are best when they really are personal. I still want to get that legal information updated by the end of the year, but I don't want to have to depend on someone else for me to accomplish my goal.

So I've switched that out with Listen to 20 podcast series. 

I do love listening to podcasts. I binge listen the way folks are known to binge watch streaming TV series. Some series are wonderful. Yesterday I finished listening to Dolly Parton's America which was fascinating. I also listened to Podcast Universe put out by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. I'm glad it was a short series because it was awful. The first episode was OK. Unfortunately, the rest were more cringe-worthy than funny.



This morning I started listening to Meaningful Conversations hosted by Maria Shriver. In each of the 22 episodes she'll sit one-on-one with people she admires and respects to explore issues like love, pain, forgiveness, gratitude, family, faith, connection, loneliness, the art of self-reinvention, and more. 

In other words, my cup of tea. 

Yet one cannot have meaningful conversations without a bit of fun and humor thrown in. So yes, the googly eyes are back.

That ring though! Wow! Looks like a googly eye all by itself.

No comments: