Tuesday, March 3, 2020

February Goal Update

During February, I continued working on my 20 Goals in 2020 and made some more good progress. If you recall, in January I concentrated on finishing 20 jigsaw puzzles, while making progress on the other goals. In February, I concentrated on finding geocaches. I completed several other goals. I also gave attention to my word of the year, Settle.

.
Overall Statistics

By the end of the month, I completed three goals and made progress on eleven others.

In February I feel more settled due to completely organizing our bedroom closet and the laundry room.

We made progress on settling the bedroom by getting a new bed. Unfortunately, not all the parts for the undercarriage drawers came in the box, so it's still not completely put together. It's a dream to sleep on, though.

I also rearranged my Studio. It's better, though it still doesn't feel like it's done.

---

Goal Details

1.  Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
     Finished in February

2.  Create a watermark for my photos
     not yet

3.  Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
     not yet

4.  Make one baked treat or a batch of cookies each month
     I made two dozen toll house cookies in February

5.  Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
     Had my first appointment with my primary care physician.

6.  Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
     Finished in February by completing puzzles 16 through  20

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
     Not yet, but I did a preliminary sort in February

8.  Zero out email box once per quarter
     I didn't make any further progress in February. 
     My email box exploded by adding 50 more.

9.  Learn to cook six vegetarian dishes
     Not yet

10.  Listen to 20 podcast short series
       I listened to three more podcast series in February:
      * Box of Thoughts with Gabbie Hanna - (not recommended)
      * Article II : Inside Impeachment with Steve Kornacki - (very timely and informative)
      * So You Wanna Be President with Chris Matthews - (recommended)

      This brings my total to six series completed
      
11. Find 20 geocaches
      I found 19 in February! On two of the outings, I earned a souvenir: 
      Palandrome Day and Leap Day.

12. Watch 20 movies from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
     None in February. 
     I did manage to get the DVD player on my computer hooked up.

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
      I celebrated two in February: 
      * National Palindrome Day (found a geocache) - February 02
      * National Pistachio Day (ate some) - February 26


14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
      I finished one in February: 
      *  It’s Not What It Looks Like by Molly Burke - February 1 (audio)

15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects
      I wrote three in February, covering May, June and July of  2006

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio
      Not yet. But I did do a big reorganization of my Studio, 
      putting most of my supplies down the hall, 
      and making more room in my Studio for actual workspace. 
      Now all my sewing machines are set up and my sewing/cutting table is in place. 
      My computer has a new corner so that it no longer blocks the window 
      so I can admire beautiful sunsets.

17. Master bedroom closet organization
      Dale and I finished this in February and we couldn't be happier with the outcome.

18. Convert cassette tapes to mp3 or get rid of them
      Not yet. I'm still not sure I want to do this, and may substitute another goal.

19. Paint some rocks
      Not yet. But I have decided to have a painted rock garden by our front door 
      where we have two large planters full of rocks. Dale's on board with this idea.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table
      The couch and loveseat are in place. 
      I bought glider, but have yet to put it together.



All in all, I feel like I've made excellent progress. We'll see how well I can continue these goals now that my family's life has additional complications with extra doctor and therapist visits. We'll see if I'm able to work toward my personal goals. I may need to substitute some of my fun goals with those more geared to health and wellness for Dale and me.






No comments: