Sunday, March 29, 2020

Flower Mandala

I have to admit that between the Covid-19 news and the low barometric pressure of this rainy week, my emotional blues have been amplifying over the last few days. I wanted a mindless activity to do that would replace the hundreds of games of Spider Solitaire that I've been incessantly playing.

That's when I noticed that a friend of mine has been posting coloring images on her Instagram account.

Coloring! Excellent! That's a lovely meditative practice for me.

I pulled out my Flower Mandala Coloring Book by Thaneeya McArdle and ripped out a random page. I really didn't want to think too hard. So when I pulled out my colored pencils, I decided to close my eyes, dip my hand into the pencil bag, and use whatever color landed in my hand.



I find this random color pallet rather appealing.

When I finished the coloring, I scanned the image and played with it in my paint program a little. The main things I did was even out the yellow background, took away some of the brightness, and added some saturation and contrast.

This was such a positive pastime for me that I worked on a second mandala yesterday.

No comments: