Sunday, March 22, 2020

Thanks, Upcycled


I wrote a long overdue letter to an old friend to thank her for a Christmas gift. By the time the letter was done, the two pages were too big to fit into the Thank You card I'd selected.



What to do? What to do? Well, make the card B-I-G-G-E-R! Using the printed card as my jumping off point, I upcycled it into a larger, fancier card. I added layers,



and embossing, and a glittery blue heart to the front.



I reshaped the inside greeting, added more layers,



more embossing, and a glittery happy green heart inside.



On the back of the card, I added my usual rubber stamps and my signature.



The project fulfilled two purposes. An afternoon spent reconnecting with a friend, and a chance to flex my creative muscles. I needed both.

No comments: