Thursday, March 12, 2020

Throwback Thursday - 2006 Part 10

In September 2006, I was able to complete seven small projects. Here are the first four.





.
.
Angelic Bell Ringer

In 2006 I joined a group of stitchers making snowman angel quilt squares. The squares were gathered and the quilts were constructed by volunteers. The quilts were then donated to children facing serious illness or to elders in care facilities.

This is the third snow angel I stitched from designer Marilyn Frable of The American School of Needlework.





A Cool Gift

I stitched this penguin for my daughter Julie's 20th birthday. After seeing the movie March of the Penguins, she started collecting some of the birds, displaying them in her dorm room.

This pattern by Mosey 'N Me was in the October 2006 edition of Just Cross Stitch magazine. He was too cute to pass up. I finished it as a door knocker ... a stitching that is finished and hung from a doorknob for decoration. The finished size is about 4.5 inches by 5 inches.




Pumpkin

This might be one of my all-time favorite stitcheries. It's simple. Graphic. Has nice shading and a lovely color pallet. I kept this for myself and display it every Fall. I believe this is one of the first pumpkins I ever crafted. Now I have a whole patch of pumpkins in many mediums including felt, crochet, painted, decoupage, candles, glass, and more. Yet this one still holds a place of honor. The pattern is by Carolyn Meachum of Serendipity Designs. 

I actually stitched the pumpkin in the year 2000. But in 2006 I did the finishing and framing. The orange "mat" is really a fabric border sewn to the stitchery ground cloth. The finished stitchery is small -- only 3.5 inches square. It sits in a five inch gold frame.




Hope

My Year of the Ornament continued in September with the third design from the 12 Blessings of Christmas by Lizzie*Kate. The tiny charm that accompanies this design is a dove. Appropriate.



The next #throwbackthursday post will feature three more projects stitched in September 2006.





No comments: