Friday, November 27, 2020

Dotted Tree

 I put up my first Christmas decoration today. Look upstairs!


The dotted Christmas tree is the next project for a Grandbaby Craft Kit. It's a big one, and may take several days for the Littles to construct with Mommy.

The colorful tree looks best on a dark background. Since we don't have any dark doors or walls, I used some painter's tape to attach navy blue gift wrap to the wall. (The gift wrap won't be part of the kit).


I made a silver star for the top, and put it in place first. Then I arranged the gifts at the bottom with their geometric bows.

Finally, I started placing the dots. I used a combination of poster sticky-tack and double-sided tape to adhere the construction paper dots to the wrapping paper background. I decided to place the largest circles first, then the medium-large, then the medium, etc. That way I could define the tree shape first, then fill in the gaps with smaller dots.

I put my signature shape right at the heart of the tree.


This project came out even better than I'd anticipated! It's unexpected to see as we climb the stairs. It's wonderfully colorful in our shades-of-gray house.

Best of all, it's the first thing to greet us as we get out of bed in the morning.


I need to finish up these Grandbaby Craft Kits and mail them off soon. The Christmas season has officially begun!


---

My Dotted Tree was inspired by Melissa Alvarez Hernandez on Pinterest















No comments: