Sunday, November 1, 2020

October Goal Update


I'm nearing the end of the year and the end of my 20 Goals in 2020 list. All I have left to complete my goals are a couple that need to be done once per quarter and finish my Studio furniture plan. Having to stay inside and keep busy during this Covid year has given me the opportunity to focus on these goals. For that, I'm grateful.

The biggest accomplishment for September is that I finished one of my alternate goals: buy a new car. I've been putting that off for well over three years. When I finally got down to it, I ended up purchasing the very first car I took for a test drive.

Other than that, I continued going above and beyond on several of the goals I already finished. For example, I've now watched more than four times the number of movies than my original goal.





Overall Statistics

Completed: seventeen goals
In Progress: three goals + two alternate goals
Unstarted: zero!
High-achiever (reached my goal but did more anyway): thirteen goals

---

Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
Finished in September

3. Buy a car (switched out this alternate goal).
Finished in October

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished the 1st in March.
Reached the 2nd goal weight in April.
Reached the 3rd goal in July.

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
Got a counselor in October

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February.
Put six more together in October, bringing my total to 40. I doubled my goal!

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished third quarter in September

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished third quarter in September

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March.

10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
Finished in July.
Listened to three more podcast series in October:
25. You and Me Both with Hillary Clinton - October 07
26. The Michelle Obama Podcast - October 10
27. Kamala: Next in Line with Joy Reed - October 31

11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March.
Have found 33 so far this year.

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
Finished in May.
Watched 16 more movies in October, bringing my total to 81 so far - more than four times my original goal!

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
Finished in May.

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
Finished in July. 
23. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
I'm 3/4 of the way through another book, but it's a bit of a slog. Not great writing and not a very engaging story.


15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts.
Finished in June.

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Made more progress in October.
Did some research to find a proper worktable. 


17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Send 20 letters / cards
Finished in July.

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April.
In October we bought a medicine cabinet for the powder room.



Alternate Goals

Complete 20 previously started projects
Finished six more in October
6. Navy blue sweater pillow - October 07
7. Blue sweater pillow - October 08
8. Black sweater pillow - October 10
9. Gray sweater pillow - October 10
10. Black sweater googly eyeball pumpkin - October 11
11. Black sweater sequins pumpkin - October 11
I also completed four crafts that were new ideas. I can't help myself.

Make a food treat or a dessert each month
October - Brownies



Word of the Year: Settle

As for getting more settled into our new home, in October we:
* Bought a medicine cabinet for the powder room (not yet installed)
* Decorated for Autumn
* Bought a basket that sits on the stairs to temporarily contain items that need to go upstairs
* Power-washed the fence

---

In November, I hope to decide on a work table for my Studio. I plan to bake some cookies for our neighbors. I'd also like to zero out my email inbox again and file my latest photos. Finally, I hope to take a photo of one thing per day that I'm grateful for.

No comments: