Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Playing in the Dirt

I put the Grandbaby Craft Kit making off for a day. This morning I had some "homework" to do for an upcoming appointment. This afternoon we had a rare mostly sunny spell in between raindrops, and the temperature was above fifty degrees. So I called our daughter Jeanne to see if she was busy today.

She wasn't! So I invited her to do some socially-distanced gardening with me. I'd bought daffodil bulbs a few weeks ago and hadn't planted them yet. Jeanne arrived within a half hour and met me outside. With masks on, she played in the dirt with me. Playing in the dirt is something she and I have enjoyed doing together most of her life.


We planted two varieties of daffodils. 30 are pure yellow, and 15 are yellow with orange centers. In the Spring, daffodils explode all over town. Next year, our yard will add to the beauty.

No comments: