Thursday, November 12, 2020

Ice Cube Dudes, Finished!

 Today I did the finishing work on the Ice Cube Dudes. This adorable duo is now ready for display.


I decided to finish it double mounted, the same way I finished the Pumpkins and the Blackbird last month. The Dudes are somewhat bigger. The polka-dotted board is 7.5 inches square; the stitched board is 4.5 inches square. Each board has a layer of batting beneath the fabric to add softness. This time I adhered the two layers with double-sided tape. Time will tell if that method is strong enough to hold.


I found the polka dot fabric in my stash. I thought the dots could be interpreted as a snowstorm. They are about the right scale as the snowflakes in the stitched piece.


I tidied up the back by covering the edges of the fabric with a square of dotted scrapbook paper, then added the label.


I'm not sure where this piece will land during the Christmas season, but for now, the Ice Cube Dudes are standing in an easel, warming themselves on the hearth.



No comments: