Monday, August 29, 2022

A Mommy-Jodie Day

When our kids were little, I'd try to have some one-on-one time with each of them so we could build unique memories. Today's activities reminded me of those lovely times when I got to spend the majority of the day with this sweet woman.

Jodie and I started the day with a lunch at Off the Waffle. We went to the downtown location. I don't go downtown very often, so this was a treat.


After our meal came the main reason for our get-together. I decided to get my ears pierced. It'd been about 15 years since my last attempt. One ear kept getting infected, so I gave up and let the hole close completely. For our anniversary last year, Dale bought me some gorgeous pearl earrings. I figured it was about time to wear them. 

So Jodie took me to High Priestessa tattoo/piercing shop to get my ears pierced with a needle. Best decision ever. Kenny and Liam took good care of me. The piercing didn't hurt or sting at all.

I chose these small opal studs


After that excitement, we went to the mall to get manicures. This is about the 5th time in my life I've had this professional indulgence. Jodie had her nails polished in this beautiful pomegranate color for Fall. I decided to keep things simple by having them cleaned and shaped, but no polish. I get my hands into too much dirt and glue to keep nail polish in place.

I can't stop looking at my fingers. They look so good!


Then we decided to walk around the mall. It's the first window shopping I've done since the start of the pandemic. It was fun to be around all the pretty things, but a little strange to be around so many people without masks.

Finally, we stopped by Jamba Juice for a fruit smoothie. Berry for me. Yum!

We had such a nice day together, and both felt better at the end of the day than we did at the start. We may just make this manicure outing a regular activity together.

I crave more unique memories with my three offspring.

No comments: