Friday, August 26, 2022

Newfangled Thimbles

Thimble-It  is a "natural-feeling self-adhesive finger pad" that you apply to your fingertip to make sewing, needlework, or quilting easier. I think it's weird that the image on the package has it being used on the index finger. I've never seen anyone stitch that way.


It's basically a silicone oval with a sticky back. It comes in a package of 64 dots.


I like using these, though I do find them a bit large for my fingertip. I cut one in half before I apply it to my finger for a better fit.


Similar to the Thimble-It is this type of thimble called Thimble Pads. These are smaller and much thicker than the previous thimble. I find this size just right. But the pack I bought has only twelve thimbles. They remind me a bit of those pads you put on the bottom of chair legs to keep the wood from scratching your floors.


I haven't used either of these thimbles in a while. I've put them with my next cross-stitch project to give them another try.



No comments: