Tuesday, September 12, 2023

New Stitching Project

I've started a small Fall/Thanksgiving cross-stitch project called Thankful Owls by Bent Creek.


When I looked through my stash, I realized I didn't have the recommended fabric on hand, 32 ct Lambswool. I found a grey color that I thought might work. It's a 28ct evenweave Jobelan in the color Star Sapphire. That count will be easier on my eyes and take less magnification for me to see the holes in the fabric.


The chart calls for Gentle Art and Weeks Dye Works threads. I have most of the Gentle Art fibers, but none of the Weeks. I decided to go with the alternate DMC colors instead.


Here's the floss toss. I think this combo will work well.


It's a small piece that I hope to complete by the end of September. For sure, I can finish it by the end of November. 

Even though I've finished my 23/2023 goals, I still plan to work on some of the alternate goals. This is one of my "I've had the supplies for a long time so I think I'll finally do it" projects. I hoped to finish 12 of those this year. 

I find this design delightful and right "on brand" for the kind of decor that tickles me. Stay tuned for updates!



No comments: