Friday, September 15, 2023

Tom and Friends

I hung out with Jodie yesterday morning. I met her at work to help with a project she runs for seniors -- a food pantry for people needing a little extra help to fill their kitchen shelves. All summer she's been leading an effort to grow produce in the community garden. Last I heard, they'd harvested over 830 pounds of vegetables, all given away for free!

I visited the community garden a couple weeks ago. I recall seeing potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, chard, several kinds of peppers, beans, onions, some herbs, lettuce, artichokes, Brussel sprouts and more. It's the first time she managed this program and did an amazing job.

Now that Fall is here, the food pantry will need to purchase some of the food in addition to the donations they receive. To that end, Jodie's work put on a fundraiser. I volunteered to help with the set-up. My part was helping to blow up balloons. 

Whatever it takes.

When I got to the Adult (Senior) center, I was greeted by some wild, roaming guests.


Tom had quite a brood with him. He watched over all the gals as they crossed the parking lot.


He acted like he owned the place. 

It's cool to see the wild turkeys up close -- but not close enough to get attacked.

No comments: