Saturday, February 3, 2018

Decorating My Journal Cover

As part of The Artist's Way, I write three longhand pages in my journal each morning. I used the last of my journal in January, so got to start a new one in February. For me, the feeling of starting a new journal is reminiscent of the feeling I used to get when buying new school supplies every Fall. It's about anticipation of new learning, and good things coming into my life.

But plain ol' notebook covers don't do that much for me. So ...

Remember when I said I got an idea at the thrift store when I was on my Artist Date last week? Something about a gift bag? I put the idea into action. So, a paper gift bag like this ...


Plus a notebook like this ...


Attached with double-sided crafter's tape and and decorated with printed washi tape ...


Equals this!



There now. This makes me eager to write my Morning Pages every day in this journal.

No comments: