Monday, February 26, 2018

My Sweet Valentine

This year I made over a dozen Valentine cards to send to some of my friends and my daughters.



  • On the outside, I embossed some soft purple parchment cardstock with falling hearts.
    .
  • Then I cut a doily into five heart-shaped pieces, wrapping the ends around the bottom right corner of the cardstock.
    .
  • I added a sparkly heart puff sticker.
    .
  • Then I layered the purple cardstock on top of purple paper, then on top of my card blank which I made from a soft pink parchment cardstock.




Before adhering the decoration sandwich to the front of the card, I embossed a larger heart on the inside-left bottom corner of the card. 


I tried to do some hand-lettering on the inside of the card, but got frustrated. So I resorted to finding the sentiment online, printing it out, and adhering it to the inside of the card. I left space so I could add a personal message.


I'm enjoying this process of learning to add details to the greeting cards I make. This time, the card is of my own design instead of taking inspiration from Pinterest. It felt good to send this batch of cards to some of my very favorite people.


No comments: