Saturday, February 17, 2018

Embossing Paper

Look what I can do now ...


I got myself a new tool for my Studio. It's a Sizzix paper embosser called the Texture Boutique. This tool is basically two rollers pressing against each other. Put a "sandwich" of the embosser's plates, a plastic folder, and a piece of paper together. Feed it through the rollers. The design on the plastic folder is pressed into the paper.


This is a lightweight machine and is intended for embossing only, not for cutting dies to create shapes. But, if the dies are paper thin and you get the pressure just right, you can use it to cut some dies. Just know the machine isn't made for that purpose and you can mess it up if you aren't careful.


I used a folder with heart shapes to create the design above. I used a paper thin oval die to cut an oval from cardstock. Then I made this card for a cousin. That's a bit of baker's twine and a button to complete the card.


I like making these cards, but my hand lettering leaves a lot to be desired. I plan to learn more of that technique as the year progresses. In the meantime, I'll just continuing experimenting with my tools as I take an afternoon to create mini pieces of art in the form of greeting cards to share with people special to me.

No comments: