Thursday, February 22, 2018

Throwback Thursday - January 1996

January 1996 had me stitching a number of small projects. Here are the six I completed.


Fingertip Towels
These fingertip towels were a gift to me for Christmas in 1995 from my AOL Secret Sister. She knew I like roses, and included the towels, the chart and all needed floss in the gift! I was able to find the towels in my linen closet this morning, so I have a fresh photo of them.

The color chart has the two designs shown here, Cabbage Rose and Rose Bouquet






.
Santa Ornament
An online friend sent me the kit for this little Santa ornament which I stitched soon after Christmas.




Beaded Rose Kit
My secret pal sent this kit to me for Christmas, 1995. This was the first time I attempted to do a completely beaded project on perforated paper. I found it fun and relaxing. This piece is finished by fusing interfacing to the back of the perforated paper, and then sewing on the pin clasp.



McKinley's Cuddle Up
I made this for baby McKinley McCoy, son of a friend from church. I changed the sign over the crib to personalize it for the baby. This design is from a kit and came with everything needed to complete the piece. McKinley's mom liked to stitch, too, so I knew she'd appreciate the gift.



Baby Jack's Cuddle Up
I stitched this for Jill, mother of baby Jack. Jill was one of the ladies in my church group. She lost one baby at birth, and was about to have another. To me, she is one of the most courageous women I know. This design was also from a kit.



No comments: